Total Quality Management
Strategies and Techniques Proven at Today's Most Successful Companies
To understand and profit from Total Quality Management, companiesmust pay particular attention to the first word in thephrase-total. The spectacular rewards enjoyed by top companies like3M, FedEx, and Ben & Jerry's were earned through a totalcommitment to achieving superior quality and customer satisfactionacross all company functions and processes.
Total Quality Management, Second Edition gives you a completelyup-to-date look at how 51 of the world's most successful companiesput the total into TQM. Each of these companies, including 13 newadditions and 23 Baldrige Award winners, is cited as a benchmarkperformer in a particular business function. Their examples helpyou set your sights on specific goals and learn a variety of waysto go about achieving each goal. Each chapter features the bestpractices of one manufacturing company, one service company, andone small business. Following the examples set by theseoverachievers, you'll discover how to:
* Lead the transition from traditional management to management byquality
* Identify customer needs and use that knowledge to drive theorganization
* Integrate strategic quality and business planning into a singlestrategic process
* Communicate customer and company requirements throughout yourorganization
* Recognize and reward employee efforts and promote improvedquality
* Establish uniform measurement systems and manage by fact, notfiction
* Borrow shamelessly from industry leaders to encouragebreakthrough thinking
* Build strengths and eliminate weaknesses through an annualassessment process.
Fully updated-the book that puts the total into.
Total Quality Management.
In this book, the former chairman of the Baldrige Award panel ofjudges teams up once again with a leading quality consultant tobring you a Baldrige-based TQM model that covers every aspect ofyour business. Built from the best practices of 51 companies(including 23 Baldrige Award winners) whose star performances havemade them benchmark corporations, this book brings you:
* Best practices and TQM applications from small businesses, hugecorporations, and everything in between
* TQM practices from retail stores, service companies,manufacturers, and more
* Hundreds of real-world examples, tested processes, and innovativetechniques
* Proven ways to boost profits, inspire workers, and delightcustomers.
Praise for the First Edition
"Alive . . . vivid, entertaining, successful. . . . Even the mostinexperienced can understand and implement TQM using thisbook."-Charles A. Aubrey Vice President, Juran Institute.
"If you read only one book about quality management, read this one. . . the definitive management handbook of the decade."-Lynn A.Moline Former Executive Director, Minnesota Council forQuality.
"A great book about a better way to run a company."-Bob G. GowerPresident and CEO, Lyondell Petrochemical Co.
"Packed with strategies that can be implemented in any organization. . . must reading for those interested in proven qualitystrategies."-Ellen Gaucher Senior Associate Director, University ofMichigan Medical Center
"Get it. This book is jammed full of practical case studies from amanagement and profitability perspective."-C. Jackson Grayson Jr.Chairman, American Productivity and Quality Center.
Supplemented with an updated list of resources and a contact listfor all profiled companies, Total Quality Management, SecondEdition shows you how to lead your organization straight to thecutting edge of quality and keep it there.
New York : John Wiley, 1998
Branch Call Number:
658.562 GEORGE 1998