Sibley Birds East
Field Guide to Birds of Eastern North AmericaBook - 2016
Compact and comprehensive, this guide features 650 bird species, plus regional populations, found east of the Rocky Mountains. Entries include stunningly accurate illustrations--more than 4,601 in total--with descriptive captions pointing out the most important field marks. Each entry has been updated to include the most current information concerning frequency, nesting, behavior, food and feeding, voice description, and key identification features. Here too are more than 601 updated maps drawn from information contributed by 110 regional experts across the continent, and showing winter, summer, year-round, migration, and rare ranges.
This new and improved edition includes:
* Updated habitat, description, behavior, and conservation text for each species account and all family pages.
* New and revised illustrations of species and regional forms.
* New design featuring species accounts in columns, allowing for better comparison and more illustrations and text.
* Current taxonomic order and up-to-date common names.
* All maps revised to reflect the most current range information.
* More species and rarities included.
Featured Blogs and Events
April is a fine month to turn our attention to wild birds. With the longer days of springtime, there are more opportunities to hear the joyous songs of our busy local birds. I enjoyed a melodious treat recently on an early evening walk in my neighborhood. (more)