Curbside Consultation of the Pancreas
49 Clinical QuestionseBook - 2010
Dr. Scott Tenner, Dr. Alphonso Brown, and Dr. Frank Gress have designed this unique reference, which offers expert advice, preferences, and opinions on tough clinical questions commonly associated with pancreatic disease. The unique Q&A format provides quick access to current information related to pancreatic disease with the simplicity of a conversation between two colleagues. Numerous images, diagrams, and references are included to enhance the text and to illustrate the treatment of pancreatic disease patients.
Curbside Consultation of the Pancreas: 49 Clinical Questions provides information basic enough for residents while also incorporating expert advice that even high-volume clinicians will appreciate. Gastroenterologists, fellows and residents in training, surgical attendings, and surgical residents will benefit from the user-friendly and casual format and the expert advice contained within.
Some of the questions that are answered:
* How do I determine the amount of fluids to provide to patients with acute pancreatitis?
* When should antibiotics be used in acute pancreatitis?
* How do I determine the timing of re-feeding patients with acute pancreatitis?
* What is the best way to treat pain in patients with chronic pancreatitis?
* How should I define the best approach to a pseudocyst?